Loved seeing this. Woukd love to watch it again.
This Friday, if the stars are in alignment, I’ll be seeing it again.
"A Sticky Situation" (1960) by Carl Barks
I like how advertising is literally still exactly as sexist as they’re joking about in this comic from 54 years ago.
This comic I made over a year ago, but I’ve touched it up since and I’m happy to share it on tumblr C: while I’ve improved immensely since I made this, I’m still really proud of myself for making it.
ps. this was during a stage in my art where I was a little texture heavy, heh heh
PUNK SPACE PIRATES SPOCK AND KIRK
mostly i wanted to draw spock with this hairstyle…
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
May I just say, before I saw this gifset explaining the show, I just thought that PD was about a really adorable germ-a-phobe.
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favourite shows. Gutted it only had two season but those two seasons are PHENOMENAL!
starting today all blogs without the following image will be deleted within 24 hours
i’m not even afraid of deletion. i just want this image on my blog
ThE PICTURE CHANGES EVERYTIME I SEE IT
You are welcome.
I’m so tired of people telling me German is an “ugly, angry” language. When my German teacher tells us jokes it’s the sweetest, happiest language in the world. When I teach my father the word for daughter he smiles, repeating “Tochter” to himself until he gets it right, and in that moment German sounds like pride. There’s nothing angry or ugly about a language that never says goodbye, only “until we meet again.”